Monday, March 22, 2010

Space Swingers - Commission Piece



A few months ago I was asked if I could create a piece much like a previous painting I had done before, it's not something I usually do, but it's always fun to riff on something you may have already done, just to see what you can do to build of a pre-existing concept. So I revisited a piece I did for the "Ancient Book of Sex and Science", the piece was titled "Space Quickie" you can see it HERE on my blog. Basically I ended up just trying to build off of the concept of some people enjoying some sexy time in Space. So above you can see the finished painting, it's a space ship full of astronaut swingers celebrating the discovery of a new alien planet, unfortunately, the alien that they landed their rocket ship on was not invited to the celebration. And he doesn't seem to be too pleased about it!

Space Swingers
10" x 20"
Acrylic and Paper Collage
2010